The New Book Review

This blog, #TheNewBookReview, is "new" because it eschews #bookbigotry. It lets readers, reviewers, authors, and publishers expand the exposure of their favorite reviews, FREE. Info for submissions is in the "Send Me Your Fav Book Review" circle icon in the right column below. Find resources to help your career using the mini search engine below. #TheNewBookReview is a multi-award-winning blog including a MastersInEnglish.org recommendation.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

S. K. Hamilton Reviews The Frugal Editor

The Frugal Editor
Subtitle: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success
Genre: Nonfiction/Writers
ISBN: 9780978515874
Red Engine Press

Reviewed by S. K. Hamilton

You might know a little bit about a lot of things, but if you don’t know about Carolyn Howard-Johnson’s, The Frugal Editor: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success (How To Do It Frugally series of book for writers), then you don’t know enough.

I pulled a stupid stunt when I was working on my first book, The Kahills of Willow Walk. That’s not my first stupid stunt and likely not my last. Anyway, I put The Frugal Editor high on a shelf, thinking I wouldn’t need it anymore. Wrong! This is the third and last time I’ll allow it to be farther than twelve inches from me when I’m writing. If you’re a writer, you need it. If you’re a college student, you need it. If you’re a teacher you need it. You name it… you need it, whoever you are, whatever you do. Why? Because it might keep you from making a fool of yourself sometime. I won’t go into what the book consists of, other than what it’s title entails, although I could, because I know it well enough. Take my word for it.
This book has been advantageous to my editing, most of all my ability to publish what I write. I’ll leave my e-mail  (peewee2234488@yahoo.com) and website link  (http://www.willow-walk.webs.com/)
with you folks so you can let me know what you think. And while you’re at my site look around. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to let you in on a bit of good advice about a great book.

S.K. Hamilton, author of The Kahills of Willow Walk and the sequel, For the Love of Willow Walk. The Romantic series of "Willow Walk" will transport you out of your skin into the lives of others.


-----
The New Book Review is blogged by Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally series of books for writers. It is a free service offered to those who want to encourage the reading of books they love. That includes authors who want to share their favorite reviews, reviewers who'd like to see their reviews get more exposure, and readers who want to shout out praise of books they've read. Please see submission guidelines on the left of this page. Reviews and essays are indexed by genre, reviewer names, and review sites. Writers will find the search engine handy for gleaning the names of small publishers. Find other writer-related blogs at Sharing with Writers and The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor. As a courtesy to the author, please tweet and retweet this post using this little green retweet widget :

No comments: