“Tell my story,” she whispered.
- WNC Woman magazine and website. Jeanne Charters’ columns under the title, “funny, isn’t it?” have appeared in most issues for the past twelve years.
- Clothes Lines: A compilation of women’s writings from across the state and country. Jeanne Charters was honored to be included by Editors Celia H. Miles and Nancy Dillingham.
- Funny, isn’t it? Charters’ book of some of her best columns, illustrated by noted North Carolina artist, Marie Hudson, of Asheville, NC.
- Broadcasting: Adopt an Angel for Make-A-Wish…This campaign ran in markets from New York City to Hawaii for seventeen years. Ms. Charters was the sole writer, producer, and director of all television and radio commercials and PSA’s relative to it. Over three million dollars was raised to benefit children with life-threatening illnesses.
- Awards: Adopt an Angel for Make-A-Wish...Telly, two consecutive years and the Gold Medal from the New York State Broadcasters Association for Best Public Service Campaign in the state of New York.
“There is nothing more rewarding than to hold one of my author’s books and know I helped bring it to fruition. I am so blessed and privileged to be able to work with some of the most talented writers in the world.” Jeanie.L@llallc.net www.loiaconoliteraryagency.com
The New Book Review is blogged by Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally series of books for writers. It is a free service offered to those who want to encourage the reading of books they love. That includes authors who want to share their favorite reviews, reviewers who'd like to see their reviews get more exposure, and readers who want to shout out praise of books they've read. Please see submission guidelines on the left of this page. Reviews and essays are indexed by genre, reviewer names, and review sites. Writers will find the search engine handy for gleaning the names of small publishers. Find other writer-related blogs at Sharing with Writers and The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor.