Thank you, thank you. Great job at the book fair.TO: Authors and Book SellersRE: Meet the Authors' Book Fair – Nov. 19 & 20, 2016FROM: Authors for AuthorsValerie Allen ~ Marshall Frank ~ Holly Fox Vellekoop
Lots of good ideas, networking, and marketing goin’ on!
Networking opportunities are one of the best forms of marketing for all authors.
Here are some suggestions to extend your marketing after the book fair:
- Keep in touch with each other via the handout in your folder
- Send follow up email to those with whom you connected
- Join the Space Coast Writers group on FB
- Attend monthly meetings of the Space Coast Writers' Guild SCWG.org
- “Friend” each other on FB, Twitter, GooglePlus, and Linkedin
- “Like” each other's books on Amazon.com
- Go to each other's web page and make a comment
- Offer to read and review each other's books and post it online
- Find out if anyone wants to do a book trade and give it as a holiday gift
- Join a writers' group
- Attend a writers' workshop, conference, book signing, book launch etc.
- Read books by local authors, post a review online, recommend their books to others
- Request a book by a local author from the library – they will buy a copy if they don't have one
- Attend local author's presentations by the Brevard Authors' Society
- Watch for Local Author Displays in our libraries and join inBooks in the Display Only Option have been processed. Those who wanted their book returned should have them soon, as the books are being mailed within the week. Books donated by the author will be used as door prizes, gift baskets, or in the Kids Who Read Succeed projects.There are many writers’ groups available to keep you energized, so be sure to join one.We want to thank the Space Coast Writer’s Guild, the League of American PEN Women, Cape Canaveral Branch, and Florida Book News for representation at the book fair. We hope you took advantage of meeting these folks. A special Thank You! To Robbie Cox for helping us get up and out there on FB.
FloridaBookNews.com is hosted by Lou@LouBelcher.com. Lou Belcher is an artist and author, and a long time supporter of Florida writers. She will post your news and events. You can also take advantage of advertising your web page with a click button on her site. Contact Lou for more details.
Authors for Authors has been working with the Brevard County Libraries to set up FREE Local Author Book Displays each month. Watch for these notices and join in to further promote your book(s).
Authors for Authors will sponsor the Brevard Authors' Book Fair in 2017.I hear you - yes, yes, yes—we will send you an email reminder and registration form.
Keep checking online at AuthorsForAuthors.com for updates.Authors for Authors is asking for your ideas and suggestions to make these events more beneficial to writers, readers, and visitors. Your promotion of these events is always appreciated. We thank you for all the emails and feedback we have received. We love all the pics and posts online at Twitter, FB, and Google+. What else can we do to meet your needs to better market and sell your books? We want to hear from each of you about your experience at the book fair. Let’s work together to make things better.
MORE ABOUT THE BLOGGER
The New Book Review is blogged by Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally series of books for writers. It is a free service offered to those who want to encourage the reading of books they love. That includes authors who want to share their favorite reviews, reviewers who'd like to see their reviews get more exposure, and readers who want to shout out praise of books they've read. Please see submission guidelines on the left of this page. Reviews and essays are indexed by genre, reviewer names, and review sites. Writers will find the search engine handy for gleaning the names of small publishers. Find other writer-related blogs at Sharing with Writers and The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor.