The New Book Review

This blog, #TheNewBookReview, is "new" because it eschews #bookbigotry. It lets readers, reviewers, authors, and publishers expand the exposure of their favorite reviews, FREE. Info for submissions is in the "Send Me Your Fav Book Review" circle icon in the right column below. Find resources to help your career using the mini search engine below. #TheNewBookReview is a multi-award-winning blog including a MastersInEnglish.org recommendation.

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Frugal Book Promoter Makes Marketing "Easier than Envisioned!"

Title: The Frugal Book Promoter
Subtitles: Nitty-Gritty How-tos for Getting Nearly Free Publicity and How to get nearly free publicity
 on you own or by partnering with our publisher
Second Edition
By Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Published by HowToDoItFrugally Publishing
Series: HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers
Multi Award-Winning including USA Book News Gold
Available on Amazon as paper or e-book
ISBN: 9781463743291

Reviewed by Lois W. Stern originally for Amazon
FIVE STARS

Carolyn Howard-Johnson does it again, with another super book in her 'How to Do It Frugally' series. When
 she plunges into publicity basics, she really plunges, giving her readers invaluable who, what, when, where 
detailed directions. What would you pay a consultant for all this advice? I wager a lot more than the price 
of this book. And that’s before I got to the pages with step-by-step instructions on building a media kit. 

Sure, I had read about the importance of media kits for eons, knew that was something I should tackle,
 but it seemed like such as daunting task that I managed to put it off for years. Then along came 
The Frugal Book Promoter, and with its step-by-step guidance, I shouted EUREKA, I can do this! 
Not only does Howard-Johnson provide her recommended 
outline for its development, but gives us specifics 
as margin and font sizes, page headings, types of content
to include with each page and other important
 features one might otherwise overlook.

To my delight, I realized I had already written most of these 

recommended bits and pieces, saved and scattered
 in different folders, so it was far easier than I envisioned. 
Once I searched them out on my computer,
 refined and updated them a bit, my media kit was almost 
complete. It never would have occurred to me to 
include a first person essay, or even that such a piece 
belonged in a media kit. What a clever idea! 
I had such fun writing mine, and it certainly adds flavor, 
giving the author a chance to provide the media with a
 peak into your personality.

Now I can’t wait to read her Section II: "Do-It-Yourself and Partner Publicity". I have learned that when I read 
a Frugal series book, I have my Post-Its handy so I can tab the pages with details I don't want to overlook.

Lois W. Stern
Author, Creator of Tales2Inspire


MORE ABOUT THE REVIEWER
Lois W. Stern is a passionate teacher and that passion carries over to her Tales2Inspire contests and anthology series. Learn more about her on Twitter @tales2inspire2.



No comments: