I am so proud to announce this first in a series of Discussion Questions about books (and movies inspired by books!) by veteran teacher Carolyn Wilhelm who offers other aids for teachers, parents, and anyone who fosters literacy--many of them absolutely free. Find them on Pinterest and follow her @wiseowlfactory on Twitter. Book club groups and library events directors will find her Discussion Guide Series useful, too! And what about teachers who must prepare quizzes for reading assignments! Watch for new ones on the 5th of every month, right here on #TheNewBookReview!
Questions About THE HOBBIT:
An Unexpected Journey
1. Who was telling (writing) the story in the movie?
4. Why does Thorin especially want to fight the pale Orc?
7. Which groups in the story especially love food?
8. Do the Dwarves have good table manners? Explain.
11. What swords does the company take from the trolls after they turn to stone?
15. Who chases the company after they see Radagast?
16. Why do the Orcs on Wargs leave?
18. What does Gandalf tell the Elves of Rivendell?
22. What happens that causes the company to climb trees?
25. If you have also read the book, tell which you like more, the movie part 1 or the book (so far)? Why?
MORE ABOUT THIS BLOG, ABOUT GETTING REVIEWS,
AND ANOTHER FREEBIE
This blog is a free service offered to those who want to encourage the reading of books they love. That includes authors who want to share their favorite reviews, reviewers who'd like to see their reviews get more exposure, and readers who want to shout out praise of books they've read. Please see submission guidelines on the left of this page. Reviews and essays are indexed by genre, reviewer names, and review sites. Writers will find the search engine handy for gleaning the names of small publishers. Find other writer-related blogs at Sharing with Writers and The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor.