The New Book Review

This blog, #TheNewBookReview, is "new" because it eschews #bookbigotry. It lets readers, reviewers, authors, and publishers expand the exposure of their favorite reviews, FREE. Info for submissions is in the "Send Me Your Fav Book Review" circle icon in the right column below. Find resources to help your career using the mini search engine below. #TheNewBookReview is a multi-award-winning blog including a MastersInEnglish.org recommendation.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tiffany Loves Books and Loves This Paranormal

 



Descended 
Fallen Guardian Saga #1
By Debra Ann Miller
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Published by: Amazon & Debra Ann Miller
ISBN-10: 1480177806
ISBN-13: 978-1480177802
5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Recommend
Reviewed by Tiffany originally for Amazon and her Tiffany Loves Books blog 


So... I started reading this novel feeling a little lost. Let me be honest, it had been a while since I read the blurb and I had no clue what I was getting myself into. Well that being said, the preface drew me and was a total distraction once chapter one started. It was a kind of over-anxious attempt to complete a puzzle while only having one piece. Make sense? I was in over my head. I managed to maintain this sense of confusion for the first couple of chapters...
 
Then I completely fell in love. The story is well set up and once the story telling starts I was completely swept up into it. It is an impossible to put down, action packed, romantic, suspenseful read that is captivating. Miller manages to always maintain the element of the unknown that allows for many surprises and constantly keeps the reader guessing. I love how Miller does high school drama. It is unique, well done and never boring or dull. I love Vie's wit and her quick and smart responses. I love the wide array of well-developed characters, the attention to detail and a very well done third person narration.

All in all, it is an excellent read. I was completely captivated and am looking forward to the sequel. I love the resolution to this novel- It ends well yet it left all this intrigue and a few unanswered questions which make reading the sequel a must. I love the romance in this novel and how utterly spellbinding Descended is. This is a read I definitely recommend.

 
-----

The New Book Review is blogged by Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally series of books for writers. It is a free service offered to those who want to encourage the reading of books they love. That includes authors who want to share their favorite reviews, reviewers who'd like to see their reviews get more exposure, and readers who want to shout out praise of books they've read. Please see submission guidelines on the left of this page. Reviews and essays are indexed by genre, reviewer names, and review sites. Writers will find the search engine handy for gleaning the names of small publishers. Find other writer-related blogs at Sharing with Writers and The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great ratings!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009QDMIGQ