The New Book Review

This blog, #TheNewBookReview, is "new" because it eschews #bookbigotry. It lets readers, reviewers, authors, and publishers expand the exposure of their favorite reviews, FREE. Info for submissions is in the "Send Me Your Fav Book Review" circle icon in the right column below. Find resources to help your career using the mini search engine below. #TheNewBookReview is a multi-award-winning blog including a MastersInEnglish.org recommendation.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Perfect Book for Learning to Tie a Tie

 
 
Title of Book: Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox
Author: Sybrina Durant
Illustrator:  Donna Marie Naval
Author Website: http://www.sybrina.com and http://pinterest.com/sybrinad/learn-to-tie-a-tie-with-the-rabbit-and-the-fox/
Youtube book trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiyIoftP2yg
ISBN: 978-0-9729372-1-4
Formats Available: Soft Cover Print and Ebook
Price: $14.95
Publication Date:  2012
Genre of Book:  Children’s Fiction – 5 to 10 Age Group

Reviewed by Michael Luchies  originally for his blog.


“Why Knot?  Benefits of Teaching A Child How To Tie A Tie”. 

As someone who attends countless conferences, seminars, and business related meetings, I am expected to dress professionally while representing my company and myself with class and style. With over 10 years of experience in entrepreneurship and the corporate world, I somehow have still not mastered the skill of tying my own tie.

 Whether from the frustration of failing over and over or laziness of learning a new skill because I am dependent on technology and other people to fix all of my problems, my lack of being able to tie my own tie is quite embarrassing. I can write a 50 page business plan, deliver an hour long presentation, and write in-depth articles, but cannot master a piece of fancy fabric.

After watching an endless supply of YouTube instructional videos and trying to read how-to blog posts on tying ties, I have decided to turn to a children’s book to gain another skill and finally relieve myself of the worries that come from asking my wife to tie my ties for me before every conference and meeting I attend.

 I am turning to the book ‘Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox.’ I must be honest, although I am not ashamed to learn from children’s books because they explain how to accomplish things in a language that anyone can understand and follow along with – this is a skill that I want to learn not just for myself, but to pass down to my future children.

-----
The New Book Review is blogged by Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally series of books for writers. It is a free service offered to those who want to encourage the reading of books they love. That includes authors who want to share their favorite reviews, reviewers who'd like to see their reviews get more exposure, and readers who want to shout out praise of books they've read. Please see submission guidelines on the left of this page. Reviews and essays are indexed by genre, reviewer names, and review sites. Writers will find the search engine handy for gleaning the names of small publishers. Find other writer-related blogs at Sharing with Writers and The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor.

No comments: